A few days ago I dropped Hank off at the airport, and after spending 11 days with him, I’m alone again. On one hand, I’m sad he’s gone because it was so nice to have someone to do things with, and to talk to all the time; on the other hand, it’s nice to have my space back, and I can’t wait to sleep in this weekend.
We did a lot over the past 10 days and it was almost a non stop awesome fun ride.
Day 1: Saturday
We went kayaking, and then headed over to CenturyLink to see Old Dominion, Sam Hunt, Miranda Lambert, and Kenny Chesney
Day 2: Sunday
- We drove an hour east to Bandera Mountain and hiked one of the toughest hikes of our lives. When we got back we changed and hung out on the beach for a few hours
Day 3: Monday
- I had my Learn to Row Class after work, but we met up for lunch, and then had dinner at Agua Verde after he picked me up
Day 4: Tuesday
- We met up and walked all the way up to Capitol Hill where I bought myself a brand new pair of running shoes. We got home too late to go kayaking again, so we instead went for a quick run, and then headed to the beach to watch the sunset. In an effort to keep things quick, we got burgers from Dick’s drive-in
Day 5: Wednesday
- I had my Learn to Row class again, and afterwards when Hank picked me up, we headed to Paseo, grabbed dinner, and then we went down by the water and sat and enjoyed dinner
Day 6: Thursday
- It had been such a nice week, and some of my friends from work wanted to go kayaking, so the four of us headed out to Agua Verde, rented some double kayaks, and paddled out to Lake Washington. We were almost white water rafting, but it was still a great time. Afterwards, Hank and I grabbed dinner at Agua Verde (again) and then went home
Day 7: Friday
- We had a team outing that afternoon, and I had to play a broomball game, so we headed to Pioneer Square and hung out for a bit. Unfortunately Hank couldn’t come to the team outing, so he went on and did the Underground tour before heading home, and then I met him back at my apartment after my game.
Day 8: Saturday
- After my Learn to Row class that morning, we showered, got dressed, and headed down to CenturyLink once again for the Amazon summer picnic. During the picnic we talked about going paddle boarding, and as the weather was absolutely perfect for it, we decided to head over and do it. Per usual, we also go Agua Verde again for dinner.
Day 9: Sunday
- I had hockey tryouts that I had to go to that morning, but then we had bought tickets to go to the Sounders game as they faced off against the LA Galaxy. The game ended in a tie, and we were pretty disappointed that we weren’t going to get any free soccer. After the game we didn’t know what to do, so we walked around the UW campus, and down to Fremont, before heading home, ordering some calzones, and eating them at Volunteer Park.
Day 10: Monday
- Today was the last full day with Hank, and we had bought tickets to go watch the Mariners play the Red Sox. There were Boston fans everywhere that day, but the seats were good, the hot dogs were hot, and the ice cream was delicious. The Mariners ended up losing at the end, but it was still a beautiful night for a baseball game.
Day 11: Tuesday
- We got lunch earlier in the day, and then I got out of work a little early, and we headed over to Agua Verde for one final night of paddle boarding on the water. Because it wasn’t that warm out, and the sun hadn’t come peeking through the clouds, there weren’t too many people out there, so we were able to relax as we sat out on the middle of the lake. We got our final dinner at Agua Verde before heading home.
Just writing all of it down makes me tired, because I know that it was a lot.
I had a ton of fun with Hank, and I am so happy that he was able to be out here for as long as he was. I can’t wait for him to come back for the next visit.